Partnerships & Co-operation
The International Development Office at Cégep Marie-Victorin does business with many partners, and is involved in many co-operation projects and collaborations around the world. The following provides a brief overview of their work.
- Partnership with Kaifeng University for training in Accounting and Management Techniques, and International Commerce
- Partnership with Jinan Vocational College for training in Early Childhood Education
- Partnership with HUTECH (Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology) for training in Accounting and Management Techniques
- Co-operation with the City of Dakar for opening a school for nurses and midwives as well as for continuing education programs for healthcare staff in health centres
- Co-operation with the Ministry of Technical Teaching and Professional Training and the Cheikh Ahmadou Bamba Technical School (LTAB) in Dioubel for implementing a technical program in Architecture and Interior Design
- Partnership with the Pedagogical and Pastoral Training Centre (CFPP) for Early Childhood Education (teachers)
- Co-operation with the Federal Technical Education Centres (FTEC) in the fashion industry and prison education.
Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, China, Ecuador, France, India, Mexico, Panama, Senegal, Vietnam
- Partnerships with non-governmental organizations (NGOs), various organizations and cities regarding volunteering, internships and cultural immersion for youth and persons aged 50 years and older as part of missions to these countries.
- Collaboration with UNESCO to establish the Education in Prison Research CHAIR.
- Jinan Vocational College, Jinan, China: This institution, which has been offering the Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) program Early Childhood Education since 2014, will welcome teachers from Cégep Marie-Victorin. This will allow students registered in this program to add to their basic training as part of continuing education offered in English as a second language.
Are you a student from a foreign country who is a new resident in Quebec, or do you want to pursue your studies in the college network in Quebec? This section will provide you with a range of information that will be useful to you in the academic process. The Service régional d’admission de Montréal (SRAM) website is also a popular tool regarding the Quebec college admissions process and here you will find information about all the CEGEPs in the network.
Foreign or International Student?
Foreign Students: A student from a foreign country, a new resident in Quebec, or a student residing in Quebec but who has done his or her studies in a foreign country.
International Students: A student from a foreign country, not a resident of Quebec and who, for the duration of his or her studies, must obtain a Student Visa. His or her stay in Quebec is therefore temporary, unlike that of foreign students.
CEGEPs offer regular programs of study as well as continuing education programs (AEC and DEC)
Housing in Quebec
Have you just arrived in Quebec and are looking for short or long-term housing? There are numerous options available for you!
Housing on Campus
Located on the campus of Cégep Marie-Victorin, living in a residence offers you the opportunity to rent a room close to your place of study. For more details, visit the website www.rcmv.com or call 514-955-3715.
We receive many offers for rooms and apartments to rent or share in the surrounding community. To receive a copy of this list, send a request by email to email@example.com.
Loans and Bursaries
Are you worried that you won’t be able to pay for your studies due to low income or particular circumstances? The Government of Quebec offers a loans and bursary program in order to help students who make a request. Visit the government’s website in order to get more information and to verify your eligibility for various loans and bursary programs at www.afe.gouv.qc.ca.
For any other questions, feel free to contact Kathleen Bazile at 514-325-0150, extension 2555, or send your request by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A stimulating living environment
Watch our video entitled Le Cégep Marie-Victorin, a stimulating living environment to get an overview about the CEGEP. You can either start the video in the right-hand column or even watch it on our YouTube channel.
Use or search for the official hashtag to find out more: #internationalCMV!
Are you coming to study in Quebec from a country that has a social security agreement with Quebec?
Do you have questions about your health insurance registration? The Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec has a Facebook page for you!